Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM,
- 10+2 with 40% marks from any recognized board. However Science is Preferable
- Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government. Registered AN
- 10+2 vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing council
- 10+2 Healthcare Science-Vocational from a recognized CBSE Board/State/Centre For Foreign nationals
- The Entry qualification equivalence i.e.,12th standard will be obtained by association of Indian universities, New Delhi Institute, State Nursing council will be responsible to ensure that the qualification and eligibility will be equivalent to what has been prescribed as above
- For disabled candidates: 3% Disability reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the Tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be same as prescribed for each nursing programme.
NOTE: A committee to be formed consisting of medical officer authorized by medical board of state government and a nursing expert in the panel which may decide whether the candidates have the disability of locomotor of 40% to 50%.
- 5% is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
- Any other quotas as per the state Govt. under the reservation policy
Note: Quotas shall be applicable within the sanctioned number of the seatsanctioned and not above it.
- Admission of students shall be once in a year
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Minimum age for admission will be 17 years. (as on 31st December of that year) The upper age limit is 35 yrs. For ANM/for LHV, there is no age bar.